HOW TO GET NETFLIX FOR FREE?
Tips and tricks to watch Netflix content without paying — legally
Netflix is the original major streaming option for home television audiences. When it started nearly 20 years ago, Netflix was a subscription-based DVD service that would mail DVDs straight to your home. It still does that too (more on that later), but in 2007, Netflix debuted its streaming service, allowing viewers to watch thousands of on-demand TV shows and movies ad-free. Ten years later, Netflix has become one of the biggest names in entertainment, producing critically acclaimed TV shows (Daredevil, House of Cards, Stranger Things, and Luke Cage, to quickly name four) and movies and hosting original comedy specials.
Netflix now offers up a wide range of content across every genre you can imagine. From full seasons of today’s hottest TV shows to classic movies, Netflix has more entertainment than you could ever possibly watch.
SHARING NETFLIX ACCOUNTS WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY
The basic Netflix plan only allows you to watch one show or movie at a time, but the standard and premium plans allow you to watch multiple things on multiple devices. With the standard plan, you can watch up to two things at once, and the premium plan allows you to stream up to four shows or movies at the same time. The standard Netflix plan doesn't support HD streaming, so if you know anyone with a Netflix subscription, there's a good chance they have the standard or premium plan. If they trust you enough to give you their password, you can log in and watch whatever you want without interfering with their binge-watching.
How to Share Your Netflix Account
1. Go to Netflix.com.
2. Select your user icon in the upper right corner. If you already have more than one profile, you'll see the "Who's Watching?" screen.
3. Select Manage Profiles.
4. Select Add Profile.
5. Enter a name for the new profile, and select CONTINUE.
6. Select DONE.
How to Get Additional Free Netflix Trials
If you're very impatient and don't worry about going for wide stretches without Netflix, you can actually get multiple free trials. This isn't a guaranteed method but it is completely legitimate.
When you sign up for a free trial on Netflix but cancel before your trial ends, Netflix will eventually reach out to try and secure your business. It will typically take at least several months for Netflix to send this email, and it could potentially be significantly longer. If you do receive an email like this from Netflix, all you need to do is select the Start Your Free Trial link they provide. This will take you to a page on the Netflix site where you can renew your free trial membership.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR UNLIMITED NETFLIX FREE TRIALS
Under normal conditions, you can only sign up for a single Netflix free trial. This is how Netflix intended the free trial system to work, but it's actually possible to sign up for more than one free trial if you use different billing methods. You can even get a Netflix free trial without a credit card, but having several credit cards ready to go helps a lot. To sign up for a Netflix free trial, you need a credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or Netflix gift code. You can also use a reward card or gift card if it's issued by a credit card provider like Visa. Here's how to sign up for a Netflix free trial:
1. Navigate to Netflix.com.
2. Select JOIN FREE FOR A MONTH.
3. Select SEE THE PLANS.
4. Select your plan, then select CONTINUE.
5. Enter an email address and password. (This must be an email address you've never used with Netflix before.)
6. Select your payment method.
7. Enter your name and billing information, then select START MEMBERSHIP. Every time you want to sign up for a new trial, you need to repeat this process with a different email and billing method. If you have access to multiple credit cards, you can use those. If you don't, you can pick up a Visa gift card, put some money on it, and use that. To reduce the number of cards you have to go through to keep signing up for more free trials, you can also set up a PayPal account, link it to your credit card or debit card, and use that as your payment method. Since Netflix doesn't see the credit card number, this allows you to use the same card more than once.
HOW TO CANCEL NETFLIX FREE TRIAL
If you decide to make a new Netflix account each time you want to take advantage of the free trial, it's important to remember to cancel before the trial period is over. Your billing method will be charged if you don't cancel in time.
Navigate to Netflix.com, and log in.
Select your user icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Select Cancel Membership.
Select Finish Cancellation.